-   -   Excel Options (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23755-excel-options.html)

todd

Excel Options

How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display
10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)?

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6

In article ,
"todd" wrote:

How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display
10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)?

ΊΌΦέΘΛ

text format

todd

Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to
create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table.
The caveat is that the denominator of my data set varies from one data point
to the next, which prevents the use of format/cells/number/custom ?/(common
denominator). For example, my data may look like this: 10/6; 2/1; 8/9; 1/1;
0/0; 0/0; etc. The Custom Data Label Format allows the entire data set to be
normalized to one common denominator.