-   -   Is it possible to use MS query to query the dta in same sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237401-possible-use-ms-query-query-dta-same-sheet.html)

S K Srivastava

Is it possible to use MS query to query the dta in same sheet

I am trying to use MS query to query a list in MS Excel. So far I am not able
to do it. I want to know whether it is at all possible to query a table (or
list) in an excel sheet by using MS Query in same excel sheet or not?

JCS

Is it possible to use MS query to query the dta in same sheet

Hi,

As far as I know you cannot. Try using Advanced Filtering, database
functions, or functions like Sumproduct to get the results you wish.

John

"S K Srivastava" wrote:

I am trying to use MS query to query a list in MS Excel. So far I am not able
to do it. I want to know whether it is at all possible to query a table (or
list) in an excel sheet by using MS Query in same excel sheet or not?

Steve Kesler

Is it possible to use MS query to query the data in same sheet

I have this working, however you have to treat your current work book as an
external ODBC data source. And, it has to point to the direct, fixed,
location the workbook file is located on your hard drive.

My ODBC connection string =
DSN=Excel
Files;DBQ=D:\Data\MLV\MasLoc_View_v1_32.xlsm;Defau ltDir=D:\Data\MLV;DriverId=1046;MaxBufferSize=2048 ;PageTimeout=5;

I would like to set the ODBC connection file to look for the Excel Table (or
named range) within the current workbook, and not rely on a fix file location.

Or be able to use MS Query to query data from within the current workbook.