-   -   Cell referencing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/237147-cell-referencing.html)

John P[_2_]

Cell referencing

Hi. I have some Excel formulas that refer to some cells. When these cells are
moved, the formulas refer to the new cell position. How can I prevent this
from happening and have these formulas refer to the same cell position? I
have tried absolute cell reference but that does not help. Thanks

Jim Thomlinson

Cell referencing

Take a look at the Indirect formula...

=INDIRECT("A1")