-   -   Dollar signs on all tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236965-dollar-signs-all-tabs.html)

scpa

Dollar signs on all tabs

when working with excel , after saving and exiting, i go back to see dollar
signs added on all rows and columns..i have to go bck and change the
formats..now for a week now on other excel worksheets, i see date formats
....what am i doing wrong?

joel

Dollar signs on all tabs

What is the extension of the filename youi are saving and retrieving. Is it
CSV, XLS, XLSM ......

"scpa" wrote:

when working with excel , after saving and exiting, i go back to see dollar
signs added on all rows and columns..i have to go bck and change the
formats..now for a week now on other excel worksheets, i see date formats
...what am i doing wrong?

scpa

Dollar signs on all tabs

it is xlsx..thank you for looking into it..

"scpa" wrote:

when working with excel , after saving and exiting, i go back to see dollar
signs added on all rows and columns..i have to go bck and change the
formats..now for a week now on other excel worksheets, i see date formats
...what am i doing wrong?

joel

Dollar signs on all tabs

I don't know the answer. I probably an option that I'm not familar with.

"scpa" wrote:

when working with excel , after saving and exiting, i go back to see dollar
signs added on all rows and columns..i have to go bck and change the
formats..now for a week now on other excel worksheets, i see date formats
...what am i doing wrong?

Dave Peterson

Dollar signs on all tabs

Just a complete guess...

In xl2003, I'd check the font in the:
tools|Options|general tab
I'd make sure it was something I recognized (Arial, 10 is my normal).

In xl2007, I'm sure that setting is hidden under the:
Office button|Excel Options|popular category (????)

Write down any existing settings -- just in case you have to revert to them.

--

Dave Peterson