-   -   Excel: remove cell content but retain formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236956-excel-remove-cell-content-but-retain-formula.html)

Cliver6

Excel: remove cell content but retain formula

-- I want to create a workbook to use as a form for ten novice users. This
work book will have cells that contain formulas that cause those cells to
show data from other cells.

I need to be able to delete the data from the cells without deleting the
formulas. Then the workbook can be reused in its original condition without
having to rewrite all the formulas.

Cliver6

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Excel: remove cell content but retain formula

Edit | GoTo | Special | check the Constants box | OK
Now all cell with data other than formulas will be selected
Tap the Delete key and they are gone

This could be recorded and made into a subroutine
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cliver6" wrote in message
-- I want to create a workbook to use as a form for ten novice users. This
work book will have cells that contain formulas that cause those cells to
show data from other cells.

I need to be able to delete the data from the cells without deleting the
formulas. Then the workbook can be reused in its original condition
without
having to rewrite all the formulas.

Cliver6

Jim Thomlinson

Excel: remove cell content but retain formula

So you want to be able to overwirte the formulas and then get them back
again? No can do. You could create a template allowing users to open a fresh
copy each time.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson