-   -   Text Boxes in Shared Workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236902-text-boxes-shared-workbooks.html)

Anne

Text Boxes in Shared Workbooks

Does anyone know how I can get text boxes to work in a shared workbook? Using
excel 2003
--
Anne

PJ

Text Boxes in Shared Workbooks

Hi Anne

Text boxes are one of the features unavailable in shared workbooks (see
Excel Help for a full list).

To insert a text box you first need to unshare the workbook.
Go to Tools|Share Workbook|Editing and uncheck the "Allow changes by more
than one user" box.
You should now be able to insert your text box.
To share the workbook again, just check the "Allow changes..." box again of
course.