-   -   Deleting Macro Short Cuts (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236456-deleting-macro-short-cuts.html)

Jamie

Deleting Macro Short Cuts

Hi,

I am researching in documents that have Macros. Since I have no need to ever
run the macro I was wondering if there is a way to disable the shortcut keys?
For example I am using the find function a lot and need to use the CTRL + F
shortcut however, there is a Macro assigned to that and everytime I hit it a
certain page prints.

Let me know if there is a way to disable all the macro's or how to find the
specific Macro I want to disable and then how to delete that shortcut.

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Deleting Macro Short Cuts

If you dont want to use macros, you can disable macros from menu
ToolsMacrosSecurity. (XL 2003)

For 2007: checkout Developer tab, click the Macro Security button in the
Code group.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jamie" wrote:

Hi,

I am researching in documents that have Macros. Since I have no need to ever
run the macro I was wondering if there is a way to disable the shortcut keys?
For example I am using the find function a lot and need to use the CTRL + F
shortcut however, there is a Macro assigned to that and everytime I hit it a
certain page prints.

Let me know if there is a way to disable all the macro's or how to find the
specific Macro I want to disable and then how to delete that shortcut.

Thanks

Jamie

Deleting Macro Short Cuts

I have 2007 however, I do not see the Developer tab. Can you explain exactly
how you adjust the Macro security in excel 2007.

Thanks

"Jamie" wrote:

Hi,

I am researching in documents that have Macros. Since I have no need to ever
run the macro I was wondering if there is a way to disable the shortcut keys?
For example I am using the find function a lot and need to use the CTRL + F
shortcut however, there is a Macro assigned to that and everytime I hit it a
certain page prints.

Let me know if there is a way to disable all the macro's or how to find the
specific Macro I want to disable and then how to delete that shortcut.

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Deleting Macro Short Cuts

Excel OptionPopulat'Top options for working with Excel'Check the box that
says "Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon".

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria