-   -   How do I turn off random multiple cell selection in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236396-how-do-i-turn-off-random-multiple-cell-selection-excel.html)

Cath

How do I turn off random multiple cell selection in Excel?

When working in Excel, randomly when a single cell is selected, multiple
cells are highlighted. How does this happen, and how do I turn this off?

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

How do I turn off random multiple cell selection in Excel?

Hit the F8 key and see if that helps. HTH Otto
"Cath" wrote in message
When working in Excel, randomly when a single cell is selected, multiple
cells are highlighted. How does this happen, and how do I turn this off?

MaR

How do I turn off random multiple cell selection in Excel?

Cath
Did you find out how to turn this feature off? I am having the same
problems and it is very annoying. F8 key does not work!

"Cath" wrote:

When working in Excel, randomly when a single cell is selected, multiple
cells are highlighted. How does this happen, and how do I turn this off?

kar

How do I turn off random multiple cell selection in Excel?

I tried shift-F8 and it worked. Or maybe control-F8. But it did work.