-   -   excel opens up looking like it is in ms dos (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2363-excel-opens-up-looking-like-ms-dos.html)

osborne4

excel opens up looking like it is in ms dos

how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS mode.
I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it hit
yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.

Frank Kabel

Hi
what exact error message do you get and does this happen all the time for
all files?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

osborne4 wrote:
how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in
MS-DOS mode. I get an error message that wants to send the info to
microsoft, when it hit yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.

Jim Rech

Sounds like you're having startup problems. This article may help:

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"osborne4" wrote in message
| how can I get my excell to stop opening up looking like it is in MS-DOS
mode.
| I get an error message that wants to send the info to microsoft, when it
hit
| yes send or no don't send it then shuts down.

Dave Peterson

More for your reading...

Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques that deal with start up errors at:

Maybe something in there will help.