-   -   insert column move object (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23625-insert-column-move-object.html)

markg

insert column move object

Hi I ma trying ot insert a column in excel and get Can not shift objects off
sheet - What do I do?

Don Guillett

use ctrl+end to see the last row/column. Then end+up arrow. Delete un-needed
rowsSAVEtry again.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"markg" wrote in message
Hi I ma trying ot insert a column in excel and get Can not shift objects

off
sheet - What do I do?

Bob Phillips

Check this article

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=170081
XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"markg" wrote in message
Hi I ma trying ot insert a column in excel and get Can not shift objects

off
sheet - What do I do?

bj

there may be, or at least Excel thinks there is, something in the last column.
try selecting a bunch of columns past your data and deleting them.

A workaround for files that do not wnat to cooperate is to select all of
your columns to the right of where you want to add the column or columns and
move them to the right the number of columns you want to add.

The risk with this is that in inherited files there might be hidden data you
would be over writing. I would check with a method such as =Counta(columns
of interest), if the answer is greater than 0. there is something there.