-   -   Setting column width to specific row in Excel doc ??? Thanks! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236151-setting-column-width-specific-row-excel-doc-thanks.html)

Setting column width to specific row

Setting column width to specific row in Excel doc ??? Thanks!

I am working on an Excel document (using Windows 2007) and want to widen one
column (to fit the text) for just one row (i.e. I do not want to alter the
column width of all the rows above). Can this be done, and how?

Max

Setting column width to specific row in Excel doc ??? Thanks!

No.

You could use "Centre across selection" under Text alignment in the
Alignment tab (FormatCells) to format column labels across 2 or more cols
w/o merging the cells (this avoids having to merge cells - a good practice)
--
Max
Singapore
"Setting column width to specific row" wrote:
I am working on an Excel document (using Windows 2007) and want to widen one
column (to fit the text) for just one row (i.e. I do not want to alter the
column width of all the rows above). Can this be done, and how?

dhstein

Setting column width to specific row in Excel doc ??? Thanks!

You could format the text as "shrink to fit"