-   -   drop down's (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/236031-drop-downs.html)

grizzly6969

drop down's

I have in A1 a drop down menu that displays line 1 through line 9
and in B1 drop down menu monday through Friday
is it possible to for example click on line 1 and click on Tuesday and in C1
display how many parts were made that day. On a seperate work sheet I have
each line and each day and how many parts were made each day
--
grizz

T. Valko

drop down's

Try this:

Sheet2 column A = lines (???)
Sheet2 column B = weekdays
Sheet2 column C = production numbers

Enter this formula on Sheet1 C1:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1),--(Sheet2!B1:B10=B1),Sheet2!C1:C10)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"grizzly6969" wrote in message
I have in A1 a drop down menu that displays line 1 through line 9
and in B1 drop down menu monday through Friday
is it possible to for example click on line 1 and click on Tuesday and in
C1
display how many parts were made that day. On a seperate work sheet I have
each line and each day and how many parts were made each day
--
grizz

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

drop down's

Hi,

In C1 try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet3!A$2:A$367=A1),--(TEXT(Sheet3!B$2:B$367,"DDDD")=B1),Sheet3!C2:C367)

In this case the Line #'s are in the range A2:A367, the dates as dates are
in B2:B357 and the amounts are in column C.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire