-   -   Opening Excel 2003 files in 2007 Vista (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235560-opening-excel-2003-files-2007-vista.html)

Opening Excel 2003 files in 2007 Vista

Hi,
I can't get files from excel 2003 from my work computer to open on my 2007
computer with Vista that I have at home. I've tried searching the boards for
fixes but only seem to find fixes going the other way. I don't have a problem
opening the 2007 files on 2003. When I try to open the 2003 files excel does
run them in the compatibility mode but doesn't display them correctly.
Sometimes it displays them with several pages of a worksheet and a jumble of
random numbers, and sometimes it doesn't open them at all. It says that
there is a readability problem. Any fix for this? Thanks to anyone who can
help