-   -   how do i add time up in exel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23554-how-do-i-add-time-up-exel.html)

loadie

how do i add time up in exel

everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i
only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month

Fred Smith

Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should
definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an
odd number of hours.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"loadie" wrote in message
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though
only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month

JulieD

Hi

type out a sample of 5 of your numbers and what you get when you add them
and what you expect.

--
Cheers
JulieD