-   -   How do I count data that meets more than one criteria? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235519-how-do-i-count-data-meets-more-than-one-criteria.html)

numbatwombat

How do I count data that meets more than one criteria?

I would like to use a formula to count the number of lines in a table that
meet multiple criteria, for example in the following simplified table I would
like to count each of the Sector and Status combinations (entries that are
commercial and current, commercial and declined etc).
Description Sector Status
Office1 Commercial Current
Shop1 Retail Declined
Office2 Commercial Declined
Office3 Commercial Declined
Bridge Civil Awaiting decision
Shed Industrial Current

Jacob Skaria

How do I count data that meets more than one criteria?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100="Commercial"),--(C2:C100="Current"))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria