-   -   F2 - NO color-coded precedents??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235416-f2-no-color-coded-precedents.html)

TimK

F2 - NO color-coded precedents???

I just got upgraded to Vista and Excel 2003, however one fluke has appeared.

If I reference more than 32 cells within a formula and I hit F2 to edit the
formula, I lose the color-coded precedent function.

Prior to this, all the referenced cells would be color-outlined.

Gord Dibben

F2 - NO color-coded precedents???

See reply to your other post.

Not necessary to multi-post in these Excel news groups.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:38:01 -0700, TimK
wrote:

I just got upgraded to Vista and Excel 2003, however one fluke has appeared.

If I reference more than 32 cells within a formula and I hit F2 to edit the
formula, I lose the color-coded precedent function.

Prior to this, all the referenced cells would be color-outlined.

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

F2 - NO color-coded precedents???

Have you also noted that when you F2 or double click a cell with a formula
that the red X and green check-mark are not visible in the formula bar; but
they do appear if you let the mouse point hover in place were they live?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP