-   -   Format cell - Miles (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235389-format-cell-miles.html)

Dave Eade

Format cell - Miles

Hi, is there anyway to format a set of cells so that when I input a value,
say 308, the cell displays "308 Miles".

What I want is a bit like the currency fomat which changes 308 into £3.08.

Thanks

Mike H

Format cell - Miles

Hi,

A custom format of

0.0" Miles"

should do it.

Mike

"Dave Eade" wrote:

Hi, is there anyway to format a set of cells so that when I input a value,
say 308, the cell displays "308 Miles".

What I want is a bit like the currency fomat which changes 308 into £3.08.

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Format cell - Miles

Right clickFormat CellCustomType:
0 "Miles"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Dave Eade" wrote:

Hi, is there anyway to format a set of cells so that when I input a value,
say 308, the cell displays "308 Miles".

What I want is a bit like the currency fomat which changes 308 into £3.08.

Thanks

Per Jessen

Format cell - Miles

Hi

Format the cells as Custom In the "Type:" field enter:

# "Miles"

finish with OK.

Hopes this helps.
Per

"Dave Eade" wrote:

Hi, is there anyway to format a set of cells so that when I input a value,
say 308, the cell displays "308 Miles".

What I want is a bit like the currency fomat which changes 308 into £3.08.

Thanks

Dave Eade

Format cell - Miles

Thanks