Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding Cell address by value

Excel 2k, Windows XP

I have a employee schedule based on week numbers. One sheet contains week
numbers, One sheet is basically a report for print out week 1 to 52/53 with
page breaks set to have 53 pages, and several sheets to print out schedules
for individual employees. The schedule changes shifts dates and other
information based on the year input on the week numbers sheet. Now I want to
include auto marking of vacation days scheduled based on the year. This is
where I am at a loss to start. If my vacation day for 2009 is in V3 and the
scheduling sheet (Book Schedule) for that year is at B39. Please remember
that every sheet changes values based on formula tied to the first sheet week
numbers so I will not know where the cell value will be if another year is
chosen My thought is I first have to find the cell with that day on the book
schedule, then offset to the correct cell for the employee and mark the cell
as vacation. But I am having trouble even grasping where to start. Any help
is appreciated. Either a formula or vba function will work. But that is why
I am asking you for help.
--
Pete Blackburn - words to live by:
"Don''t ever let somebody tell you. You can''t do something.You got a

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The function findit available at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...103c1b07d4288f