-   -   Macro Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235346-macro-help.html)

Jeremy

Macro Help

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Jacob Skaria

Macro Help

Sub Mac()
Rows(10).Hidden = IIf(Range("E2") = "Yes", True, False)
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Jeremy

Macro Help

Can you help me with where to put this. Thank you for your response.

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Jeremy

Macro Help

I have it working but you have to play the macro. How would you get the
macro to auto play?

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Don Guillett

Macro Help

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert this
If Target.Address < Range("e2").Address Then Exit Sub
If LCase(Target) = "yes" Then
Rows(10).Hidden = True
Else
Rows(10).Hidden = False

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this macro
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Jacob Skaria

Macro Help

Right click the sheet tabView code and paste the below code and try

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("E2")) Is Nothing Then
Rows(10).Hidden = IIf(Range("E2") = "Yes", True, False)
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Don Guillett

Macro Help

I had forgotten about I if. Minor tweaks
'Application.EnableEvents = False' not necessary
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("E2")) Is Nothing Then
Rows(10).Hidden = IIf(UCase(Range("E2")) = "YES", True, False)'spelling

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this
macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Jeremy

Macro Help

Do I place this in the macro when I edit it?

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this
macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Don Guillett

Macro Help

If you always use Yes you can leave as is. But, if YES or yes or yEs then
change the one line.
Or, use mine instead.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jeremy" wrote:

I have recorded a macro to hid row 10. How would I automate this
macro to
hide if E2 has yes and unhide if it has no?

Thank you

Jeremy

Jacob Skaria

Macro Help

Dont forget to set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security)..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria