Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I prevent Excel from automatically creating hyperlinks?

I don't want hyperlinks in my database. Is there a global command or
something to prevent Excel from creating them automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of Excel are you using?

In Excel 2002 (and probably 2003):

ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAutoFormat as you type tabuncheck Internet and
network paths with hyperlinks

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"keholcomb" wrote in message
I don't want hyperlinks in my database. Is there a global command or
something to prevent Excel from creating them automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

keholcomb wrote:
I don't want hyperlinks in my database. Is there a global command or
something to prevent Excel from creating them automatically?

In Excel 2007, click the Office button, select Excel Options button at
bottom of window, select Proofing, click the AutoCorrect Options, select
AutoFormat as you type tab, uncheck the first option.

Bill