Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default messed up my excel, files will not open correctly

I was working within excel, and believe that I hid something by mistake. Now
any excel file I try to open just results in a gray page, no spreadsheet,
just the background it seems. Please help me asap. Is there a reset to
defaults?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well that was a real crappy idea. I wouldn't do this unless you are sure you
know how to retrieve and restore all your email, because it resests your
outlook as well. Perhaps I did not check off an option that I should have.
Just Beware if you do this.

BTW it did fix my excel however.

"Howie J." wrote:

I was working within excel, and believe that I hid something by mistake. Now
any excel file I try to open just results in a gray page, no spreadsheet,
just the background it seems. Please help me asap. Is there a reset to
defaults?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using xl2007?

You may be suffering from a common problem in xl2007 that lots of people have
complained about. The workbook is open, just not visible.

One way to see it is to click on the Office button and start to open another
workbook, but then just dismiss the dialog. You may see your workbook open
after this. (Ctrl-O, then escape may work???)

Currently, there isn't a fix--just workarounds.

=========
I've seen some posts that suggest that turning on the solver addin (or any
addin) may remove the problem. I've never experienced the problem, so I never
tested if this was a solution.

--

Dave Peterson