-   -   How can I add letters to page numbers in Excel. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235304-how-can-i-add-letters-page-numbers-excel.html)

SwMC

How can I add letters to page numbers in Excel.

I have a multiple page workbook I am trying to add letters to page numbers in
the footer on an Excel 2007 worksheet.

ie: 1, 1a, 1b - I see in Word it is called chapters - I can't find a way to
format the page number in Excel.

jaf

How can I add letters to page numbers in Excel.

Hi,
Excel is not Word. There are no chapters in Excel.

Word & Excel do get along quite well.
Perhaps you can output the spreadsheet to Word for printing.

John

"SwMC" wrote in message ...
I have a multiple page workbook I am trying to add letters to page numbers in
the footer on an Excel 2007 worksheet.

ie: 1, 1a, 1b - I see in Word it is called chapters - I can't find a way to
format the page number in Excel.

SwMC

How can I add letters to page numbers in Excel.

Instead of trying to format the page number. I inserted the tab name in the
footer to manipulate the page number formatting.