-   -   conditional formatting formula not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235293-conditional-formatting-formula-not-working.html)

Wanna Learn

conditional formatting formula not working

Hello
In cell AC449 I have the following conditional formatting formula is
=IF($U$449<"","Maximun Discount 50%"). In plain english if cell u449 is
empty then nothing if cell u449 has any percent value in the cell , then
cell AC449 should say "Maximun Discount 50%" . My formula does not work
thanks in advance

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

conditional formatting formula not working

You left out what you want if U449 is empty. Try this:
=IF($U$449<"","Maximun Discount 50%","")
HTH Otto
"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello
In cell AC449 I have the following conditional formatting formula is
=IF($U$449<"","Maximun Discount 50%"). In plain english if cell u449 is
empty then nothing if cell u449 has any percent value in the cell , then
cell AC449 should say "Maximun Discount 50%" . My formula does not work
thanks in advance

Otto Moehrbach[_2_]

conditional formatting formula not working

Sorry. Missed the CF part. You can't use CF this way. CF changes the cell
format if a specific value is entered. It doesn't change the value/entry in
any cell. In what cell do you want what? HTH Otto
"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello
In cell AC449 I have the following conditional formatting formula is
=IF($U$449<"","Maximun Discount 50%"). In plain english if cell u449 is
empty then nothing if cell u449 has any percent value in the cell , then
cell AC449 should say "Maximun Discount 50%" . My formula does not work
thanks in advance

RagDyeR

conditional formatting formula not working

Don't use CF!

Place this formula directly *IN* AC449:

=IF($U$449<"","Maximun Discount 50%","")

--

HTH,

RD

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello
In cell AC449 I have the following conditional formatting formula is
=IF($U$449<"","Maximun Discount 50%"). In plain english if cell u449 is
empty then nothing if cell u449 has any percent value in the cell , then
cell AC449 should say "Maximun Discount 50%" . My formula does not work
thanks in advance

Sheeloo

conditional formatting formula not working

Conditional formatting is used to format the cell based on the cell value or
on the result (True or False) of any logical formula.

Just enter the following formula in cell AC449 to get what you want
=IF($U$449="","","Maximun Discount 50%")
This will show Maximun Discount 50% in the cell when U449 is not empty...

You should use ISNUMBER if you just want to check for numbers in U449
=IF(ISNUMBER(U449),"Maximun Discount 50%","")

Click 'Yes' if this helped.