-   -   Multiple excel sessions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235271-multiple-excel-sessions.html)

rita

Multiple excel sessions

I am using excel 2003 and all was fine until recently when opening an excel
file from explorer instead of opening it in my already open session it
started opening up new sessions so I would in no time at all end up with
half a dozen open excel sessions. I prefer to toggle between files in the
same session. I managed to fix this, I cant remember how and it was fine for
a few weeks but has now suddenly reverted again. I have tried toggling
the tools/options/view/windows in task bar and tools/ options/general/ignore
other applications as suggested in some help which is how I may have fixed it
last time but to no avail.
--
rita

Sheeloo

Multiple excel sessions

Try

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start-Run- excel.exe /unregserver -OK.
2) Start-Run- excel.exe /regserver -OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe (most likely C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office11)

In that case Start-Run- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office11\excel.exe" /regserver - OK

Note that quotes are required because of spaces in the path

"rita" wrote:

I am using excel 2003 and all was fine until recently when opening an excel
file from explorer instead of opening it in my already open session it
started opening up new sessions so I would in no time at all end up with
half a dozen open excel sessions. I prefer to toggle between files in the
same session. I managed to fix this, I cant remember how and it was fine for
a few weeks but has now suddenly reverted again. I have tried toggling
the tools/options/view/windows in task bar and tools/ options/general/ignore
other applications as suggested in some help which is how I may have fixed it
last time but to no avail.
--
rita

rita