-   -   Calculate Amount with Varying Percentages per Thousands (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235251-calculate-amount-varying-percentages-per-thousands.html)

Amaren

Calculate Amount with Varying Percentages per Thousands

Does anyone know how to write a formula that would update my compensation
number based on the following:

I get 25% of the first $1,000
Then 26% of $1,001 to $2,000
Then 28% of $2,000 to $5,000

I want to be able to update the amount I made for my company (i.e. $12,355)
in one cell and then have a formula that would calculate my bonus based on
those percentages per thousand in another cell?
I am rusty on my formula writing and need some help!!!
Thanks!

Max

Calculate Amount with Varying Percentages per Thousands

Try JE's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html
Using SUMPRODUCT() to calculate variable rates and commissions
--
Max
Singapore
"Amaren" wrote:
Does anyone know how to write a formula that would update my compensation
number based on the following:

I get 25% of the first $1,000
Then 26% of $1,001 to $2,000
Then 28% of $2,000 to $5,000

I want to be able to update the amount I made for my company (i.e. $12,355)
in one cell and then have a formula that would calculate my bonus based on
those percentages per thousand in another cell?
I am rusty on my formula writing and need some help!!!
Thanks!

Fred Smith[_4_]

Calculate Amount with Varying Percentages per Thousands

How much do you get for sales over $5,000? The following formula assumes
30%, but change it to what you need. Assuming the sales amount (12,355) is
in a1:
=if(a1<=1000,a1*.25,if(a1<=2000,250+(a1-1000)*.26,if(a1<=5000,510+(a1-2000)*.28,1050+(a1-5000)*.30)))

Regards,
Fred