-   -   Convert xls to xl? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235249-convert-xls-xl.html)

Krista

Convert xls to xl?

Hi...

I have Excel 2007. I am working on a file and the person has asked me to
send it to them in XL format? Is that possible. I have only used Excel 2003
and Excel 2007, and I'm not sure what xl format is.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dave Peterson

Convert xls to xl?

My bet is that the requester just wanted you to send a copy of the file saved in
an earlier version of excel (*.xls).

Save your real file (you probably don't want to lose that).

Then do a SaveAs. Choose the xl2003 option under the file as type box.

--

Dave Peterson