-   -   Insert info from a cell into text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235168-insert-info-cell-into-text.html)

Richard

Insert info from a cell into text

Using Excel 2003 one of my end users has a cell that contains text such as
"Jane Doe holds 5% of Widgets". She would like to have the reference to 5%
be variable based on the results in a formula from a different cell. Is this
possible?

joel

Insert info from a cell into text

="Jane Doe holds " & A1 & "% of Widgets"

"Richard" wrote:

Using Excel 2003 one of my end users has a cell that contains text such as
"Jane Doe holds 5% of Widgets". She would like to have the reference to 5%
be variable based on the results in a formula from a different cell. Is this
possible?

Max

Insert info from a cell into text

In say, C2: ="Jane Doe holds "&TEXT(B2,"0%")&" of Widgets"
where B2 houses the formula calculating the percentage

--
Max
Singapore
"Richard" wrote:
Using Excel 2003 one of my end users has a cell that contains text such as
"Jane Doe holds 5% of Widgets". She would like to have the reference to 5%
be variable based on the results in a formula from a different cell. Is this
possible?

Jacob Skaria

Insert info from a cell into text

="Jane Doe holds " & TEXT(A1,"0.0%") & " of Widgets"

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria