Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hidden rows unhide by themselves

I am working on an annual budget and I have a problem occur occasionaly. I
open 52 workbooks (over 300 sheets) at a time. They all have links between
them where infomation rolls from one set of workbooks to the next to the
next. Many of the rows are hidden and occasionally the rows unhide and
everything is displayed. Since I am working in all of them, not saving is
usually not an option. It takes about 4 hours to correct each time this
happens. I cannot figure out what triggers it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cobaum wrote:
I am working on an annual budget and I have a problem occur occasionaly. I
open 52 workbooks (over 300 sheets) at a time. They all have links between
them where infomation rolls from one set of workbooks to the next to the
next. Many of the rows are hidden and occasionally the rows unhide and
everything is displayed. Since I am working in all of them, not saving is
usually not an option. It takes about 4 hours to correct each time this
happens. I cannot figure out what triggers it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Ouch. I hesitate to suggest trying something different with so many
worksheets to modify, but a possible option would be to create row
groups and collapse the groups you want to hide, instead of using Row |
Hide.

I've no idea what causes this bizarre behavior, but with that much stuff
open at once I would not be surprised if Excel/Windows was crapping out.

To your point, I have a workbook (~12 data worksheets plus 8 chart
sheets) I update weekly. Invariably when I print the result charts,
which I have to do, the formatting I set up gets destroyed on one or
more chart sheets. So I have to correct the broken charts and print again.