-   -   how do I separate last, first names from 1 column into 2 columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/235122-how-do-i-separate-last-first-names-1-column-into-2-columns.html)

SDoc

how do I separate last, first names from 1 column into 2 columns?

Example:

Doe, John (in 1 column) to Doe John in separate coumns.

Thanks!

RonaldoOneNil

how do I separate last, first names from 1 column into 2 columns?

Highlight your data and then select Data, Text to Columns and follow the
prompts in the wizard.

"SDoc" wrote:

Example:

Doe, John (in 1 column) to Doe John in separate coumns.

Thanks!

willwonka

On Jun 26, 10:16*am, SDoc wrote:
Example:

Doe, John (in 1 column) to * Doe * *John in separate coumns.

Thanks!

Take a look a Data, Text to Columns and use delimited text and use the
comma as your delimiter.

SDoc

how do I separate last, first names from 1 column into 2 colum

Thank you for your assistance! I am working on an Access Database and
importing info - Will probably be asking lots of questions! Have a great day!