Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I prevent the cell from changing the number I enter?

Everytime I enter a number (18 digits) into the cell it changes it to a
different number. I've tried changing the number format in the formatting
menu and that didn't solve it (went into Format, Cells, Number and selected 0
decimal places). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OR Format the cells/column as text. Right clickFormat cellsSelect
Text...before entering the number...
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Littlestar29" wrote:

Everytime I enter a number (18 digits) into the cell it changes it to a
different number. I've tried changing the number format in the formatting
menu and that didn't solve it (went into Format, Cells, Number and selected 0
decimal places). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has only 15 digits of precision.

After 15 digits it will replace with zeros.

See other replies for workarounds.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP