Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stop the "flashing" when I execute an Excel macro?

When I run an Excel macro containing a lot of Copy and Paste functions, the
worksheets it is copying and pasting from flash on the screen. Is there a
way I can stop this from occurring?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
'your code
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Corinne" wrote:

When I run an Excel macro containing a lot of Copy and Paste functions, the
worksheets it is copying and pasting from flash on the screen. Is there a
way I can stop this from occurring?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Corinne" wrote:

When I run an Excel macro containing a lot of Copy and Paste functions, the
worksheets it is copying and pasting from flash on the screen. Is there a
way I can stop this from occurring?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add these lines to you code:

Sub Foo()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

your code here

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Corinne" wrote in message
When I run an Excel macro containing a lot of Copy and Paste functions,
the
worksheets it is copying and pasting from flash on the screen. Is there a
way I can stop this from occurring?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The "flashing" usually comes from "selecting" things.

Your code can usually be edited to remove all those "selects" to stop the
jumping around and make your code run faster.

Post your code or go with the screenupdating method others posted.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP