-   -   how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visaversa (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/234974-how-decrease-cell1-value-if-i-increase-cell2-value-visaversa.html)

apmelectronic

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visaversa

How would i get the value of one cell to increase or decrease as i alter the
value of another cell?

example: cell 1 has a value of '3'..if cell 2 has a value of '1' then i want
cell 1 to change its value to '2'...if cell 2 has a value of '0' then cell 1
will remain at value '3'

if anyone can help..please mail me...many thanks!

Stefi

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visaversa

Try this: Enter
=IF(E2=1,2,IF(E2=0,3,3))
in cell 2, E2 being cell 1.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How would i get the value of one cell to increase or decrease as i alter the
value of another cell?

example: cell 1 has a value of '3'..if cell 2 has a value of '1' then i want
cell 1 to change its value to '2'...if cell 2 has a value of '0' then cell 1
will remain at value '3'

if anyone can help..please mail me...many thanks!

apmelectronic

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visave

Hi Stefi,

Many thanks for the help...although it is on the right track, its not quite
doing it. with the formula you have supplied if cell 1 is anything but '1'
then cell 2 remains at '3' if cell 1 is '1' then cell 2 is '2'..

I've tried to modify this formula myself so that i could say it worked.. but
i know nothing about IF commands.

But like i said...definately on the right track - thanks again for your
efforts

Paul

"Stefi" wrote:

Try this: Enter
=IF(E2=1,2,IF(E2=0,3,3))
in cell 2, E2 being cell 1.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How would i get the value of one cell to increase or decrease as i alter the
value of another cell?

example: cell 1 has a value of '3'..if cell 2 has a value of '1' then i want
cell 1 to change its value to '2'...if cell 2 has a value of '0' then cell 1
will remain at value '3'

if anyone can help..please mail me...many thanks!

apmelectronic

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visave

Just to clarify what i need it to do, please see below what each cell should
show at given values

cell1 '3' cell2 '0'
cell1 '2' cell2 '1'
cell1 '1' cell2 '2'
cell1 '0' cell2 '3'

cell one being the input cell

many thanks
"Stefi" wrote:

Try this: Enter
=IF(E2=1,2,IF(E2=0,3,3))
in cell 2, E2 being cell 1.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How would i get the value of one cell to increase or decrease as i alter the
value of another cell?

example: cell 1 has a value of '3'..if cell 2 has a value of '1' then i want
cell 1 to change its value to '2'...if cell 2 has a value of '0' then cell 1
will remain at value '3'

if anyone can help..please mail me...many thanks!

Stefi

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visave

Clear question, clear answer ...
=ABS(E2-3)
stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Just to clarify what i need it to do, please see below what each cell should
show at given values

cell1 '3' cell2 '0'
cell1 '2' cell2 '1'
cell1 '1' cell2 '2'
cell1 '0' cell2 '3'

cell one being the input cell

many thanks
"Stefi" wrote:

Try this: Enter
=IF(E2=1,2,IF(E2=0,3,3))
in cell 2, E2 being cell 1.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How would i get the value of one cell to increase or decrease as i alter the
value of another cell?

example: cell 1 has a value of '3'..if cell 2 has a value of '1' then i want
cell 1 to change its value to '2'...if cell 2 has a value of '0' then cell 1
will remain at value '3'

if anyone can help..please mail me...many thanks!

apmelectronic

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visave

Cracked it!!!

Many, many thanks!!!

Paul

"Stefi" wrote:

Clear question, clear answer ...
=ABS(E2-3)
stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Just to clarify what i need it to do, please see below what each cell should
show at given values

cell1 '3' cell2 '0'
cell1 '2' cell2 '1'
cell1 '1' cell2 '2'
cell1 '0' cell2 '3'

cell one being the input cell

many thanks
"Stefi" wrote:

Try this: Enter
=IF(E2=1,2,IF(E2=0,3,3))
in cell 2, E2 being cell 1.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

How would i get the value of one cell to increase or decrease as i alter the
value of another cell?

example: cell 1 has a value of '3'..if cell 2 has a value of '1' then i want
cell 1 to change its value to '2'...if cell 2 has a value of '0' then cell 1
will remain at value '3'

if anyone can help..please mail me...many thanks!

Stefi

how to decrease cell1 value if i increase cell2 value & visave

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Cracked it!!!

Many, many thanks!!!

Paul

"Stefi" wrote:

Clear question, clear answer ...
=ABS(E2-3)
stefi

€˛apmelectronic€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Just to clarify what i need it to do, please see below what each cell should
show at given values

cell1 '3' cell2 '0'
cell1 '2' cell2 '1'
cell1 '1' cell2 '2'