-   -   Unicode symbols in Excel 2002 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/234763-unicode-symbols-excel-2002-a.html)

James Silverton[_3_]

Unicode symbols in Excel 2002

Hello All!

I don't have occasion to use non-standard symbols in Excel but I did
recently and got a little puzzled.

The Help file tells me
Unicode options

a.. If you know the character code for a Unicode character, you do not
need to open the Symbol dialog box. Type the Unicode hexadecimal
character code in the document, and then press ALT+X.
This will work in Word 2002 but not in Excel 2002. I know you can insert
a symbol to get characters from the full Unicode set but is Help
incorrect or am I doing something wrong?
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Email, with obvious alterations: