-   -   Create Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23453-create-formula.html)

Lazia

Create Formula

Hi All, Please help me by creating a simple formula to findout the percentage
differences of "current month" - "last month" automatically whenever the data
is updated.
Grade Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May
1 2005 2555 3488 2213 3239

Thanks,
Lazia

Duke Carey

math is (current month)/(prior month) - 1

If current month iis in C2 and prior in B2, then in the cell where you want
the % change, type:

=C2/B2-1

"Lazia" wrote:

Hi All, Please help me by creating a simple formula to findout the percentage
differences of "current month" - "last month" automatically whenever the data
is updated.
Grade Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May
1 2005 2555 3488 2213 3239

Thanks,
Lazia

JE McGimpsey

one way:

=INDEX(2:2,COUNTA(2:2))/INDEX(2:2,COUNTA(2:2)-1) - 1

Formatted as a percentage