-   -   Truncating Decimals (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/234513-truncating-decimals.html)

RidgeView

Truncating Decimals

I have a macro whereby I have cells each a with number that could be upto 2
decimals in length. Example: A B C
8 5.6 7.25
Creating a variable accessing these cells the results is as follows:
8 5 7

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAINTAIN THOSE DECIMAL POSITIONS? i AM USING EXCEL
2007.

Thanks in Advance.....

Jacob Skaria

Truncating Decimals

What is the variable type used ('Integer' or 'Long').
Declare the variable as 'Variant' or 'Double' and try

or just try
Msgbox Range("A1")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"RidgeView" wrote:

I have a macro whereby I have cells each a with number that could be upto 2
decimals in length. Example: A B C
8 5.6 7.25
Creating a variable accessing these cells the results is as follows:
8 5 7

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO MAINTAIN THOSE DECIMAL POSITIONS? i AM USING EXCEL
2007.

Thanks in Advance.....

RidgeView

Truncating Decimals

I tried "Variant" and it worked perfectly... Thanks alot !!!!!