-   -   format to round down (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/234230-format-round-down.html)

Jane Griffel[_2_]

format to round down

How do I format a cell to round down to nearest 20th

JE McGimpsey

format to round down

You can't change values with formatting, and XL's built-in format
rounding (up and down) applies only to digits (i.e., 1s, 10s, 1/10ths).

You could use a formula:

=FLOOR(xxx,0.05)

where xxx is the current value or formula in the cell, or a reference to
another cell, e.g.:

B1: =FLOOR(A1, 0.05)

In article ,
Jane Griffel wrote:

How do I format a cell to round down to nearest 20th

RidgeView

format to round down

"Jane Griffel" wrote:

How do I format a cell to round down to nearest 20th

If I understand you correctly you want to round down to the nearest multiple
of .2, such as .0, .2, .4, .6, & .8. If that is the case the following
should work.
B4 = 3.75
B5 =CEILING(B4-0.19,0.2) (Results 3.6)
******
B4 = 3.20
B5 =CEILING(B4-0.19,0.2) (Results 3.2)
******
B4 = 3.18
B5 =CEILING(B4-0.19,0.2) (Results 3.0)

If this answers your problem....select "YES" at the bottom......