-   -   Sell to reinvest (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/234170-sell-reinvest.html)

Purfleet

Sell to reinvest

Hi

I need an excel formula that i can work out how many shares i need to sell
to buy an amount of shares

Example

i have 1000 shares on X stock priced at $10, but i need to rise enough cash
to buy Y stock priced at $30 without paying out any extra cash.

So i need to know how many i can sell of X and how many i can buy of Y

Thanks in advance

Luke M

Sell to reinvest

A2 = # of stocks of X
B2 = Price of stock X
A3 = # of stocks desired of Y
B3 = Price of stock Y

Maximum amount of stock you can get of Y
=INT(A2*B2/B3)
# needed to sell of X to buy desired Y
=ROUNDUP(A3*B3/B2,0)
--