-   -   symbols in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23409-symbols-cells.html)

Oni

symbols in cells

Hi,
I'm trying to use symbols I created in excel, using the drawing tool bar, as
the validation rule for some cells, so that i can set a drop down box and
pick from one of the symbols.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,
OO

Harald Staff

Hi OO

I believe you'd have to turn the symbols into a font.

HTH. best wishes Harald

"Oni" skrev i melding
I'm trying to use symbols I created in excel, using the drawing tool bar,

as
the validation rule for some cells, so that i can set a drop down box and
pick from one of the symbols.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,
OO

David McRitchie

And as a font you would be limited to one color, just like fonts.

"Harald Staff" wrote
I believe you'd have to turn the symbols into a font.

"Oni" skrev