-   -   How do I get a cell to increment during printing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233923-how-do-i-get-cell-increment-during-printing.html)

Brian

How do I get a cell to increment during printing

I am trying to print a form with incrementing numbers in a cell when I print.

Fred Smith[_4_]

How do I get a cell to increment during printing

You'll need to provide more information.

Do you want it to increment with every line? Every page? Every time you
print?

Regardless, you'll probably need a macro to achieve what you want. If a
macro solution is acceptable, post to .programming to get the best response.

Regards,
Fred.

"Brian" wrote in message
I am trying to print a form with incrementing numbers in a cell when I
print.

Gord Dibben

How do I get a cell to increment during printing

Same form multiple copies?

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#same

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:10:02 -0700, Brian
wrote:

I am trying to print a form with incrementing numbers in a cell when I print.

Brian

How do I get a cell to increment during printing

Fred,

What I am doing is creating a Purchase Order Form and I want to increment
the Purchase Order number when I print multiple forms.

I found this macro on the net but it keeps giving me a syntax error:
Sub PrintJobSheet()

startjob = InputBox('Enter the first job number to be printed')

endjob = InputBox('Enter the last job number to be printed')

For thisjob = startjob To endjob

Range(F5).Select

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = thisjobActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut

Next

End Sub

Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,
Brian

"Brian" wrote in message
I am trying to print a form with incrementing numbers in a cell when I
print.

Gord Dibben

How do I get a cell to increment during printing

Multiple copies of the same blank form?

http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#same

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP