-   -   Object linking/Worsksheet linking/etc... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233882-object-linking-worsksheet-linking-etc.html)

MikeH

Object linking/Worsksheet linking/etc...

Hi,

What I am trying to do is take a new workbook and link data from an existing
workbook. The existing workbook has several sheets within it. I am looking
for an easy way to link one entire sheet to a new workbook. The only way
that I have found is by doing it line by line using the = sign. I have
tried linking as an object but that changes if I do another sheet, I don't
want that. I tried modifying the object link formula to this
=Excel.Sheet.8|'[D:\data\id50274\My Documents\Master form.xls]J Posadzy'!''''
and that will display what is currently on the sheet but it doesn't update
it dynamically. What I have been using is =[Book2]Sheet2!$B$5 and changing
the row column # as necessary. I find this is cumbersome, there has to be a
better way of doing this. Any help is appreciated.