-   -   Text wrap in merged cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233876-text-wrap-merged-cells.html)

LC

Text wrap in merged cells

I have a series of cells that are merged; when I type text into these line
items, the text wraps, but the cell will not expand to show the wrap. I have
clicked on the row reformat button, which does nothing. Can't these cells
expand if merged? It would seem ridiculous that this would not be available.
Thanks,

Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Text wrap in merged cells

The general advice on merge is either "don't" or "caveat emptor". It is not
one of Excel finer features!
You must manually adjust the row height when using merge cells: (1) you can
pull the row separator down or (2) right click the row indicator and in the
Row Height... dialog type a number about twice the value of non-merged rows
(for two lines of text)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme