-   -   Dropdown list for entering data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233813-dropdown-list-entering-data.html)

JRD

Dropdown list for entering data

Can anyone help?

I am using excel 2003 and want to make it easier to enter data into cells.
Is it possible to create different "dropdown lists" for different columns so
that it is quicker to enter data

e.g. if I wanted to enter which fruit I had eaten on a particular day in
column A out of the following: apple, pear, banana, strawberry, grapes, is it
possible to have that list pop up when I click on a cell in column A, so that
I can just click on the appropriate fruit to enter it into a cell.

Thanks

John

T. Valko

Dropdown list for entering data

Watch this 5 min video:

How to setup a data validation drop down list:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JRD" wrote in message
Can anyone help?

I am using excel 2003 and want to make it easier to enter data into cells.
Is it possible to create different "dropdown lists" for different columns
so
that it is quicker to enter data

e.g. if I wanted to enter which fruit I had eaten on a particular day in
column A out of the following: apple, pear, banana, strawberry, grapes, is
it
possible to have that list pop up when I click on a cell in column A, so
that
I can just click on the appropriate fruit to enter it into a cell.

Thanks

John

Don Guillett

Dropdown list for entering data