-   -   Corrupted file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/23379-corrupted-file.html)

poul, denmark

Corrupted file

I have - succesfully - tried some of the demoversion to recover an excel
file. The recover-programs do im fact recover some of my file - and fill out
with "DEMO". I have only one single "corrupt" file. There must be somewhere I
can recover this single file for free. What about Microsoft?? Seems to me
they ought to have such a program.

Dave Peterson

You may want to try openoffice. Lots of people have said that it's recovered
workbooks that excel couldn't.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

--

Dave Peterson

Jay

I have - succesfully - tried some of the demoversion to recover an
excel file. ... What about
Microsoft?? Seems to me they ought to have such a program.

They have a webcast on the subject: