Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Disable Unhide

I have a worksheet where I want to keep a tab hidden for all users but 1. I
hide the tab and provide a macro with a keyboard shortcut. I also restrict
the use of that macro to only that user's workstation - if anyone else runs
it, nothing will happen. But still, other users might discover the hidden
tab and unhide it. Is there any way to disable the "Unhide" option for tabs
on specific systems - or even within the workbook? Thanks for any help on
this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your macro make the the sheet xlveryhidden

Sheets("thesheet").Visible = xlVeryHidden

Won't show up in FormatSheetUnhide

Then lock the VBAproject from viewing with a password so's users cannot
change the code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 04:19:01 -0700, dhstein
wrote:

I have a worksheet where I want to keep a tab hidden for all users but 1. I
hide the tab and provide a macro with a keyboard shortcut. I also restrict
the use of that macro to only that user's workstation - if anyone else runs
it, nothing will happen. But still, other users might discover the hidden
tab and unhide it. Is there any way to disable the "Unhide" option for tabs
on specific systems - or even within the workbook? Thanks for any help on
this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open the VBE (alt-f11)
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab|Protection tab

Save and close your workbook.

Reopen the workbook to test.

--

Dave Peterson