-   -   Dropdown list with 2 columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233762-dropdown-list-2-columns.html)

2vao

Dropdown list with 2 columns

Hello,

I have a list of values in one column and a list of description of each
value in the adjacent column. Is it possible to have a dropdown list with
both columns but only the value of the 1st column is posted in the cell after
selection ? I tried merging but did not work.

Many thanks.

Max

Dropdown list with 2 columns

One possible alternative to achieve it
would be to use a combo box from control toolbox

Take a look at this sample from my archives:
http://savefile.com/files/221672
Combo box from control toolbox toolbar_Example2

Success? Celebrate it, click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"2vao" wrote:
I have a list of values in one column and a list of description of each
value in the adjacent column. Is it possible to have a dropdown list with
both columns but only the value of the 1st column is posted in the cell after
selection ? I tried merging but did not work.

2vao

Dropdown list with 2 columns

Thank you very much Max, that worked.

"2vao" wrote:
I have a list of values in one column and a list of description of each
value in the adjacent column. Is it possible to have a dropdown list with
both columns but only the value of the 1st column is posted in the cell after
selection ? I tried merging but did not work.

Max

Dropdown list with 2 columns

Welcome, thanks for feeding back.