-   -   Rounding (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233669-rounding.html)

Arceedee

Rounding

Im trying to round a number to the nearest 0.5 either up or down. Example:
3.2 becomes 3.0 or 3.4 becomes 3.5.

Please help. I'm getting so frustrated with something that should be simple.

Thanks

joeu2004

Rounding

"Arceedee" wrote:
Im trying to round a number to the nearest 0.5 either up or down.

=mround(A1,0.5)

If you get a #NAME error, see the Help page for MROUND. Alternatively,
either of the following:

=round(A1/0.5,0)*0.5

=round(A1*2,0)/2

Im trying to round a number to the nearest 0.5 either up or down.
Example:
3.2 becomes 3.0 or 3.4 becomes 3.5.

Please help. I'm getting so frustrated with something that should be
simple.

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Rounding

=CEILING(A1,0.5)
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Arceedee" wrote:

Im trying to round a number to the nearest 0.5 either up or down. Example:
3.2 becomes 3.0 or 3.4 becomes 3.5.

Please help. I'm getting so frustrated with something that should be simple.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Rounding

=MROUND(A1,0.5)
In case of problems, read Excel help for the MROUND function.

Alternatively
=ROUND(2*A1,0)/2
--
David Biddulph

"Arceedee" wrote in message
Im trying to round a number to the nearest 0.5 either up or down.
Example:
3.2 becomes 3.0 or 3.4 becomes 3.5.

Please help. I'm getting so frustrated with something that should be
simple.

Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Rounding

Won't that always round UP, rather than to the nearest, Jacob?
3.2 goes to 3.5, not 3.0 as requested.
--
David Biddulph

Jacob Skaria wrote:
=CEILING(A1,0.5)

Im trying to round a number to the nearest 0.5 either up or down.
Example:
3.2 becomes 3.0 or 3.4 becomes 3.5.

Please help. I'm getting so frustrated with something that should
be simple.

Thanks

Jacob Skaria

Rounding

Thanks. During the initial reding "either up or down" caught my mind/.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Won't that always round UP, rather than to the nearest, Jacob?
3.2 goes to 3.5, not 3.0 as requested.
--
David Biddulph

=CEILING(A1,0.5)