-   -   Run Lookup only once - Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233665-run-lookup-only-once-macro.html)

RachuChavan

Run Lookup only once - Macro

Hey All,

I have a huge date which is doing lookup. I need to run this lookup only
once. So, I guess i have to write a macro first with lookup and then replace
with ( Edit, Copy, Paste-Special as Value) value correct.

Is there any other way to do this.

If any one of you have a macro please share the same.

Example:

Sheet2
A B
1 Defects Lookup
2 12345 =lookup(A2, Sheet1!A:A, Sheet1!B:B)
3 3457 =lookup(A2, Sheet1!A:A, Sheet1!B:B)

Sheet1 has some date in A and B column.

Acutullay lookups are working absoutely fine only problem as i have a huge
data, when ever I changed some data which is no where related to lookup
colums still it calculates and excel hangs :( !! How to speed up this
calculation.

Is there any way i can run only once when excel is open or click on button
or run a macro - and replace with values.

Your effort will be highly appreciated

Raghu

Jacob Skaria

Run Lookup only once - Macro

You can set the calculation to Manual

ToolsOptionsCalculation

(remember this is an application setting..)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria