-   -   contain option in conditoinal formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233513-contain-option-conditoinal-formating.html)

vijay

contain option in conditoinal formating

Hi,

How to set contain option in Conditional formating. I want to formate the
cell which contain a specific word not a complete cell.

Please tell me how to do it.

Regards,
Vijay

kassie

contain option in conditoinal formating

To set the colour of a cell if say A1 contains the word "look", use Format,
Conditional Formatting, Formula is, and enter
=FIND("look",A1,1)=1. Click on Format, and set the pattern to the colour
of your choice.
--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Vijay" wrote:

Hi,

How to set contain option in Conditional formating. I want to formate the
cell which contain a specific word not a complete cell.

Please tell me how to do it.

Regards,
Vijay

Jacob Skaria

contain option in conditoinal formating

From menu

FormatConditional Formatting
In condition1 select 'Formula Is'

Enter
=COUNTIF(A1,"*VIJAY*")

and select a color

This will highlight the cell containing a word 'vijay' anywhere in the cell

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria