-   -   VLOOKUP WITH BLANK REFERENCE CELLS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233481-vlookup-blank-reference-cells.html)

Marysam67

VLOOKUP WITH BLANK REFERENCE CELLS

I am using this formula. I am getting the correct results if the cell has
something in is. I am getting #N/A if the cell is blank. If the reference
cell is blank I would like the results to also be blank. Can you help me?

=IF(A6="","",VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts template.xls]Member
List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE))

Thank you.

Luke M

VLOOKUP WITH BLANK REFERENCE CELLS

Please reference earlier post of same title. (missing exclamation mark)
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Marysam67" wrote:

I am using this formula. I am getting the correct results if the cell has
something in is. I am getting #N/A if the cell is blank. If the reference
cell is blank I would like the results to also be blank. Can you help me?

=IF(A6="","",VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts template.xls]Member
List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE))

Thank you.

Marysam67

VLOOKUP WITH BLANK REFERENCE CELLS

The exclamation mark is there. The formula I posted is different.

"Marysam67" wrote:

I am using this formula. I am getting the correct results if the cell has
something in is. I am getting #N/A if the cell is blank. If the reference
cell is blank I would like the results to also be blank. Can you help me?

=IF(A6="","",VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts template.xls]Member
List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE))

Thank you.

Nikki

VLOOKUP WITH BLANK REFERENCE CELLS

try this:

=IF(ISBLANK(A6),"",VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts template.xls]Member
List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE))

"Marysam67" wrote:

I am using this formula. I am getting the correct results if the cell has
something in is. I am getting #N/A if the cell is blank. If the reference
cell is blank I would like the results to also be blank. Can you help me?

=IF(A6="","",VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts template.xls]Member
List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE))

Thank you.

Jacob Skaria

VLOOKUP WITH BLANK REFERENCE CELLS

Try the below

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts template.xls]Member
List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A6,'[Trust Accounts
template.xls]Member List'!$A$4:$I$100,9,FALSE))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria