-   -   updating cells in a workbook based on a criteria in another workbo (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/233410-updating-cells-workbook-based-criteria-another-workbo.html)

CNN

updating cells in a workbook based on a criteria in another workbo

Good day,

I have a workbook with multiple tabs for different operations on the same
tanks i.e. Tank 01 can have internal receipt, dewatering, jetty receipt etc.
There are about 60 tanks and these operation occur every day with each tank
experiencing a change in volume for each operation. The thing is, I created a
new workbook in which I combine the operations in order to create a daily
report of all tanks. But I find myself copying each column under the
appropriate date for each operation into this new workbook. I want to know if
there is a formula/function/macro I can use to update the columns daily in
this new workbook based on the dates in the first wookbook.

Thank you.

Dennis Tucker

updating cells in a workbook based on a criteria in another workbo

CNN,

A macro is your best bet. I do this work professionally.

Given sample files, pathnames of where all the docs reside on you
network/system and some supporting details, I may be able to do this in only
2 hours.

Dennis